August 07, 2007











Friday 27. July
We headed to the West Coast of Schleswig-Holstein, which is the North See. It was really really cold that day! I have on 3 jacket in the picture of me- i look slightly like a marhmallow. It was raining very very hard. We went through the Watts (muck/mud) earlier in the trip, but I didn't take my camera out, I was afraid to drop it. I was muddy to my ankles. The first pick it a coastal town. The pole is the measurements of the highest floods they have had in recorded history. The hightest one was only in the mid 70'a.
The second picture is the boardwalk that takes you out to the Watts. I'm on the final steps of the board walk in the next pic. It usually is mud- where they're naturally building new land (something that astonishes me and I will explain it if you want later)- however the wind was blowing so hard that low tide was still 2 ft deep.
The last pic is a fair in Friedrichstein. I'm not sure what festival. The music was hokey classic german, and we had a grand time eating crepes and diving in and out of the flee market tents whenever a flash storm hit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment