November 17, 2008

Knitting Genius

I have recently rediscovered knitting. Wow, it's time consuming- but I love it. More than just the repetitive motion, it's the completion and having something to show for your time and patience.

Reminder: Knitting is not cheap. A good pair of needles will set you back $12-$20 depending on size and material. Yarn price ranges across the board depending on weight, length, dye and material. Keep in mind that you will probably use more than one skein per project ($6 suddenly turned into $60 for a decent sweater).

I'm sticking with the smaller projects right now- scarves, hats, gloves....

I finished a pair of lime green fingerless sock-gloves the other day. They're pretty rough. I realized that I'm OK on the basic stitching, but I get a little chaotic on the tricky stuff. Oh well....

Current Projects (yes, all at the same time):
White Bucket hat (1920-30's flapper-esque)
Beaded scarf (yikes, avoid mixing two mediums in the future)
Finish John's fingerless gloves (he is claiming he'll do it, but has realized he abhors knitting)

Projects to finish before Xmas (yes, including those above):
2 more scarves- I want to do something out of the ordinary, but time is of the essence.
another pair of gloves

I'll post some pictures of the works, both finished and in progress, when I get back to the house!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment