July 16, 2007




It's been a few days since I arrived here in Germany, but I'm just getting the chance to post my first day pictures. Mostly because I lacked internet connection until today.
These are some pictures from the airport in Newark. We arrived at the airpot in SLC about 4 am...this was taken about 5 pm- and our first real meal for the day. Besides the fact the airport was huge, there were lots of places to eat thankfully. It was a super 50's looking restaraunt, not sure about its name- and the first place where I haven't been carded for alcohol in the state. Germany is another story.
The actual travel time was about 21 hours, including layovers and bus time. With three different flights, I can tell you having the longest one last was the hardest. Coming home will be a breeze. I sat almost 8 hours in the same place on the flight, thankfully sleeping most of the way.
Our plane landed in Hamburg at 7:14 am. It was pretty cloudy and only 14 degrees C- which is about 50-55... i'm still not sure on the conversion. We were planning on meeting a few of the other students at the Hamburg train station mid morning, but Amanda had food motion sickness so bad she threw up out by the bus pick up. We decided to head to the dorms. After 2 trips on the bus and 500 meter walk carrying 2 suitcases and a backpack, we finally found our dorms. I didn't stay at them for the day, one of the other kids had been in Kiel a few days and I asked him to go exploring with me....That we did----however the stories of the pirate ship and love center are for another day.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment