July 23, 2007


Today was pretty average. Classes and more classes. My German Tutor cooked a german meal for me and two other students last night, so we decided to cook her an american meal. We chose french toast and hashbrowns. We made it pretty party like and invited everyone living in the dorms to come eat. Amazing how one of the most American meal I could think of was called "french" toast. For the most part she liked it, but thought it odd we would serve something so sweet with potatoes. **by the way, I'm kick ass at making hashbrowns and french toast now.
I didn't take any pictures of the party, but it was nice to have a real meal- even whith nearly 20 people squished into a 15X15 kitchen. It's a really good break from Döner Kabob-which is really popular, but is actually Turkish. They're amazing. I took a picture of the meat cooking at one of the shops, but I don't know where I saved it (this picture is much more appealing anyway!).
This was my view from the beach while waiting to go sailing the other day....jealous aren't you?
Well don't be. It rained hard the next day and today was only 71 for a high. It might be a good break for ya'll though, I hear it's still blazing in the big SLC!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment