July 21, 2007



Thursday:
So sorry I haven't posted in a few days....i've been quite busy! The first to pictures are from Thursday. I went with my tutor and her friend to a club called the Max. Besides the fact that I was plastered and mostly likely made a fool of myself, I had a great time! The next picture is a view of the club from a stage area. The club was huge and it was packed. However, Germans don't rub up against each other like they do in america---it's really really nice to not have to fight off guys all night.
Friday:
I don't have a picture for Friday up, but a couple of us went to Hamburg. We went to a little borough called Veddel (it's an old holding town where emmigrants had to stay before their ship departed). One of the students needed to look up some family history to help her mom out. We spent most of the time on the Subway- mostly because we missed the stop and had to turn around! But we eventually made it into the main city. There are tons of designer shops all over! Too expensive for me, so I just looked. I did find a bag of killer Grapefruit Tea- it's delicious! We at dinner at a restaurant right on the water too. Besides the rain it wasn't too bad. We did see a group of site seers all riding 2-wheeled thingers. I have no idea what their called. They were on a tour- looked fun, but way too touristy for me.
Hamburg is only 1.5 hours by train from Kiel, so I'll probably go back. The Kiel Students go to Hamburg for the clubs pretty often.
Saturday:
We went on a sailing trip with the University of Kiel sailing team. Pretty much it was just a kick ass 2 hour boat ride. We tried to help a little, and I got to steer, but mostly we just relaxed and enjoyed a beautiful day on the water! The life vests we wore were super old school. They zipped up and clasped around the center- like most life jackets. But they also had 2 strings you had to put between your legs so the vest would go above your head if you fell in. I know why they were there, but the way they attached was hilarious----I guess you had to be there!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment